Water well drilling was the origin of the Marriott Group over 70 years ago and today the Company operates a range of small drilling rigs suitable for water well drilling and refurbishment including large diameter wells up to 60 in (1.5 m) using normal and reverse circulation, air drilling and down-the-hole hammer methods. Marriott has the equipment and capability of drilling water wells up to 1500 m depth.
Clients include major water authorities, industrial companies, recognised mineral water companies and private clients. Services include:
- Production well drilling for irrigation, dewatering and public water supply wells.
- Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR) wells for the underground storage and recovery of seasonably available water.
- Coring – conventional and continuous wireline
- Well rehabilitation including acidisation and screen development including use of a
dedicated 5000 lb/in2rotary jetting head.
- Aquifer performance testing using our extensive range of submersible test pumps, magnetic flow meters and water level data loggers
- Single and dual element packer testing
- Video and geophysical logging
- Water quality testing and analysis including sand content measurement.
- Complete well cementing services and well abandonment plugging